1. Professional Indemnity Insurance, (copies provided on request) £2 million 2. Employers Liability, (copies provided on request) £10 million 3. Public Liability, (copies provided on request) £5 million 4. E.C.A Bonds & Warranties, (terms apply) 5. ECA Full Membership, (certificate no. 42 / 0134) 6. (BRE) E.C.A, Part "P" Approved (Certificate No. ELP1374)
Any one carrying out electrical work in the homes and gardens of England & Wales must follow the relevant rules contained in the Building Regulations.*
These rules were introduced to reduce the number of deaths, injuries and fires caused by faulty electrical installations.
If you intend to have electrical work done you must, with certain exceptions, tell your local authority's Building Control Department before work begins.
If you use an installer registered with one of the government approved Competent Person Schemes (i.e.) Premier Electrical Company you can proceed without reference to Building Control because Premier Electrical Company have been authorised to self-certify that our own work complies with the Building Regulations.
* Failure to comply with Building Regulations is a criminal offence and subject to fines up to £5000.00
If you use Premier Electrical Company
1. We can deal with all the Building Regulationsí requirements for you.
2. We have been independently assessed as competent so we can carry out work
in compliance with the Building Regulations. (Certificate no. ELP 1374)
3. You will not have to pay Building Control Charges
4. You will have the option of taking out an insurance-backed guarantee for the work.
5. You will have access to a formal complaints procedure if you are not happy with the work.
Electrical Safety in the Home
Leaflets explaining electrical safety in the home can provided on request or you can visit the ECA web site www.eca.co.uk